Friday, April 20, 2012

Member Spotlight: Melissa Marzullo

Meet Melissa Marzullo!! Originally from Lynnwood, Washington (North of Seattle), her husband is Joseph Richard Marzullo, TSgt, 726ACS and they've been married for 6 yrs and known each other since 1992. They have two daughters Samantha & Cassandra.

Here's a bit about Melissa in her own words:

Daily life as a stay home mom who has a life limiting disability called narcolepsy. Full time college student working on an Associate of Science degree in Accounting through Colorado Technical University. Struggling to figure how to pay the college debt as I started after most scholarship deadlines hit. I am a former professional photographer, now a hobbyist. I love crafts. I firmly believe in always bettering yourself, current ways are by learning to garden. I am a former banker, specializing in payment research and basic accounting. Wish I could find a part time paying job in this town!

Because I am a disabled person, military life was not for me. I come from a family that has had someone in every generation serve the country since before the civil war. Being an Air Force wife, is the only way I can serve without serving. I give my husband up to do what the country needs. I don't complain. By supporting him, his squadron, the base, I am giving my country the only part of my life I can. I am proud to be a military wife as there is no other life quite like it. While I've not been too involved in the ESC yet, just knowing there is support out there should I need it, makes a world of difference.

Advice Melissa has to give to a new AF spouse - Get involved, in your squadron, in ESC, in clubs. The more connections you have, the better off you are during deployments.

No comments:

Post a Comment