Monday, June 11, 2012

Member Spotlight: Ashlee Walker


Meet ESC Member Ashlee Walker!!  Originally from Fort Walton Beach, FL and has been married 7 years to her Tsgt husband Jeff,  who is a Air Force Reserve In-Service Recruiter and they have one daughter, Sydney.

Here is a bit about Ashley in her own words:

I am a SAHM for the first time since being a mom. I have worked pretty much full time since we've been married until we moved out here in November. Since I haven't been able to find a job, I am going back to school this fall to start my degree in nursing. (Side note, Ashlee won 2 scholarships toward going back to school!!) I like to read, go shopping, cook, work, hang out with my friends and learn new things. I would like to get more involved with volunteering on base and when my daughter starts school as well!

Being an AF spouse means appreciating everything your spouse goes through being in the military. Sometimes we don't realize how hard their supervisor may come down on them, or how stressful passing that PT test really may be, or just how much of a headache being in the Air Force is in general. It's easy to forget all the sacrifices they make when they come home and throw their uniform all over the place and plop down on the couch to watch TV. Give them a break every once in a while, and don't forget to tell them how much you appreciate what they do for you and your family everyday!

I would be lost out here if I wasn't involved in the ESC. This is the first base where I have been involved with the Spouses' Club and it's been so great to meet all of the wonderful ladies and make new friends. These ladies know what you are going through and are always willing to help you out or give you advice whenever you need something.

Advice Ashley has for any new or new to Mountain Home AF Spouse -  Roll with the punches! You never know what the future holds when dealing with the military, so make the best of it. Join the ESC so you can make new friends and get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment